Based on the design from 1875, the Kaikado Tea Caddys have stood the test of time. The materials are chosen for their aging qualities and watching the metal change color over the years as the caddy is used is considered a great joy. The everyday use of the caddy leaves traces on its surface and tells the tale of your everyday life.
The double-lid feature ensures that its contents are kept fresh. The first lid is placed inside the caddy by gently pressing it into place. The second lid is shaped like a hat and as it is placed over the caddy it slides slowly into place with a gliding motion created by the flow of escaping air.
Kaikado Tea Caddy 40g is a perfect match for matcha tea drinkers.
Pleas note: Due to request of Kaikado, we wont sell their products outside of the Nordic countries.
Measurements: 6,5 cm high 6,5 cm in diameter
Proper care and handling of your tea caddy
- Do not wash the caddy (we thoroughly sanitize each caddy prior to shipment).
- Do not place the caddy in a refrigerator or freezer as the material is susceptible to moisture and humidity.
- If you should get water on your caddy, wipe it off with a soft dry cloth and gently rub the caddy to avoid moisture spots.
- After your purchase you will perceive a normal yet subtle change in the colour tone of your caddy : copper in 2-3 months, brass in 1-2 years and tin in 3-5 years. Like fine wine, the caddy becomes even more appreciated with age.
- It is important to lift the top of the caddy lid softly from the body in order to prevent any possibility of damage.
- When closing the caddy lid please adjust the joint line on the lid with the joint line on the body. This will allow the lid to go down slowly by itself and the air will be released from the caddy. Gently push the lid at the last moment. This will prevent air from entering the caddy.
- Kaikado Tea Caddy Copper 40g - Handmade in Kyoto, Japan